Thursday, February 15, 2007

What is Jason Isaacs reading?

Jason Isaacs, who stars in a production of Harold Pinter's The Dumb Waiter in London's West End as well as the BBC America miniseries, "The State Within," talked to the Christian Science Monitor about what he was listening to and viewing for entertainment.

And reading:
I read a lot of scripts, obviously since that's my job.... But Philip Roth is my favorite novelist.... It was a terrible movie, but The Human Stain was the best book I ever read. Since I had just played the British ambassador [in the BBC America production, "The State Within"], I read DC Confidential by the former British Ambassador Christopher Meyer. He's very funny and slightly irreverent. But I was amazed to find out how much more powerful and influential ambassadors are than I thought.... It made me really believe in the script and gave me a certain confidence and maybe even swagger playing the part.
Read about what Isaacs is listening to and watching.

--Marshal Zeringue