Monday, October 10, 2022

Q&A with Marcie R. Rendon

From my Q&A with Marcie R. Rendon, author of Sinister Graves:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Sinister Graves grew in my imagination on a long drive through the northwest states with no towns or gas stations in sight. I stopped at a graveled pull-off near a postage-stamp-sized grassy field. I discovered it was a family grave site, pre-Spanish flu era, where a mother and father were buried long after five children were buried there. Each child had only lived a mere 2 years. I looked up and down the vast mountain and imagined a mother who suffered from post-partum depression. And in that isolated rural place, who would have questioned, who would have lived close enough, at that time in history, to even question the untimely demise of so many two year olds in one family? Graveyards in general don’t scare me, but this one contained Sinister Graves.

What's in a name?

Cash Blackbear got her nickname Cash when as a young teen in foster care, she...[read on]
Visit Marcie R. Rendon's website.

The Page 69 Test: Sinister Graves.

Q&A with Marcie R. Rendon.

--Marshal Zeringue