Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Q&A with Christine Wells

From my Q&A with Christine Wells, author of One Woman's War: A Novel of the Real Miss Moneypenny:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

As a title, One Woman’s War is generic almost deliberately. We wanted the reader to know that it’s a story about a woman’s experiences during war. It’s the subtitle that makes it specific: A Novel of the Real Miss Moneypenny. I felt that using “Miss Moneypenny” in the main title would have made it seem as if I were writing from the point of view of the Bond Moneypenny character, not the real person who inspired the character, and that is quite a different style of book. Also, I wanted to make it clear that the book was set in active wartime, not during the Cold War, as the Bond novels are. So hopefully you get the impression that this is the real story behind Bond, but with a female-centric focus.

What's in a name?

The name of my main protagonist...[read on]
Visit Christine Wells's website.

My Book, The Movie: One Woman's War.

Q&A with Christine Wells.

--Marshal Zeringue