Monday, July 18, 2022

Q&A with Tom Mead

From my Q&A with Tom Mead, author of Death and the Conjuror:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The title Death and the Conjuror does a great deal to transport readers into the story- it helps to establish an atmosphere of mystery and intrigue. The title went through various changes along the line, and in the end I came up with a number of alternatives and this was the one the publisher liked best. The titular "conjuror" is a retired music hall magician named Joseph Spector who is recruited by Scotland Yard to assist with the investigation into an apparently impossible murder.

What's in a name?

I spent a very long time coming up with the names for my characters; each has various interpretations and hidden meanings. Of course...[read on]
Visit Tom Mead's website.

My Book, The Movie: Death and the Conjuror.

The Page 69 Test: Death and the Conjuror.

Q&A with Tom Mead.

--Marshal Zeringue