Sunday, July 10, 2022

Q&A with Leslie Hooton

From my Q&A with Leslie Hooton, author of After Everyone Else:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I was married to the title After Everyone Else and the phrase before anyone else and used it early on to describe Bailey's love for her husband. He is her "BAE." The phrase "After Everyone Else" appears midway in the book when Bailey and her husband's seemingly strong love has to weather the trials of a murder charge and dueling careers.

What's in a name?

I wanted my main character to have the initials B.A.E. because just like BFF means Best Friends Forever, BAE means Before Anyone Else, so Bailey Ann Edgeworth was born. I wanted the reader to know that Bailey and Griffin were each other's before...[read on]
Visit Leslie Hooton's website.

The Page 69 Test: After Everyone Else.

My Book, The Movie: After Everyone Else.

Q&A with Leslie Hooton.

--Marshal Zeringue