Friday, April 01, 2022

Sara A. Mueller's "The Bone Orchard," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Bone Orchard by Sara A. Mueller.

The entry begins:
I never cast the characters of The Bone Orchard as I was writing it, which was a departure for me, so this exercise turned out to be really, really difficult!

As Charm, I would love Florence Pugh. She's not tall, does dark subjects well, and has the chops to carry the five other roles she'd be playing - Pain, Pride, Shame, and Desire at minimum. For Justice they might need to get someone to play a child. Another actress for Charm might be Holliday Granger, who does impish, charming, and troublemaking with just delightful balance.

Jennifer Lawrence would be a good choice for Hyacinth Barker, though it would be a real shame to put her in a supporting role...[read on]
Visit Sara A. Mueller's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Bone Orchard.

Q&A with Sara A. Mueller.

My Book, The Movie: The Bone Orchard.

--Marshal Zeringue