Sunday, November 01, 2020

Q&A with K. Eason

From my Q&A with K. Eason, author of How the Multiverse Got Its Revenge.
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I do not enjoy coming up with titles. Sometimes they just...happen. Most of the time they do not, and my working titles don't survive. My agent and I collaborated to get How the Multiverse Got Its Revenge when the publisher rightfully nixed the working version. As a title, it does a lot of work--it links to How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse in obvious structural ways, but it also describes the flavor and trajectory of the story inside. This is a story of consequences, and what happens after you break things. This is about what happens when happily ever after isn't.

What's in a name?

Personal names in the Thorne Chronicles are...[read on]
Visit K. Eason's website.

The Page 69 Test: How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse.

Q&A with K. Eason.

--Marshal Zeringue