Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Susan Lewis's "My Lies, Your Lies," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: My Lies, Your Lies: A Novel by Susan Lewis.

The entry begins:
The lead characters in My Lies, Your Lies are polar opposites. Freda is a manipulative, domineering and vengeful type in her early seventies. Although younger, I’ve always seen Tilda Swinton in the role. She’s a stunningly talented actor who brings such stark and yet layered sinisterness to performances that they’re utterly compelling. At the same time she can fill us with intrigue and sympathy, and lead us to places inside ourselves where we become shocked by our own responses. Definitely a perfect Freda.

Joely is early forties, mother of one hot-headed teenager, wife to a cheating husband and a successful ghostwriter. She has gentleness and beauty in her character, plenty of courage and humour mixed with a quick intelligence and perhaps too much trust. When confronted with Freda a real battle of wits begins and though frequently wrong-footed, Joely is up to the challenge. I can see..[read on]
Visit Susan Lewis's website.

My Book, The Movie: My Lies, Your Lies.

--Marshal Zeringue