Monday, March 05, 2018

Anthony Grooms's "The Vain Conversation," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Vain Conversation by Anthony Grooms.

The entry begins:
Unlike my previous novel, Bombingham, I haven’t thought much about The Vain Conversation in cinematic terms. Though there is plenty of drama in the story, I see it largely in lyrical terms. There are three main characters, two of whom we see during a wide expanse of time. So for young Lonnie Henson, the novel’s protagonist, who at age 10 witnesses a lynching, I would need a child actor who can portray innocence corrupted, someone with dark undertones. River Phoenix comes to mind, but of course he is no longer with us. But I think Hunter McCraken (The Tree of Life) is a subtle enough actor to pull it off. As Lonnie in his thirties, I would look to...[read on]
Visit Anthony Grooms's website.

Writers Read: Anthony Grooms.

My Book, The Movie: The Vain Conversation.

--Marshal Zeringue