Friday, March 09, 2018

John Marrs's "The One," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The One, by John Marrs.

The entry begins:
The One is the story of five men and women who scientifically find their soul mates by being Matched by their DNA. That gives me five lead roles to fill. Growing up in the small working class town of Northampton, England, as a teenager I was obsessed with the escapism of watching American films, and in particular, anything starring the Brat Pack. The Breakfast Club, St Elmo’s Fire, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Pretty In Pink … you name it, I’d have it recorded from it’s television broadcast and on to videotape.

So even though The One is set in the UK in the present day, I’m going to relocate my story to the US, choose five actors I grew up in awe of and retain them at the ages they were at the height of their fame.

One character that readers of The One are quite fascinated by is serial killer Christopher. He has made it his mission to murder 30 people one summer, however, he doesn’t count on falling in love in the middle bloody spree. Christopher is suave, handsome, educated, charming and women...[read on]
Learn more about The One, visit John Marrs's website, and follow him on Twitter and Facebook.

Writers Read: John Marrs.

My Book, The Movie: The One.

--Marshal Zeringue