Monday, December 19, 2016

T.C. LoTempio's "Crime and Catnip," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Crime and Catnip by T.C. LoTempio.

The entry begins:
When I first got the idea for the Nick and Nora mystery series, it was on a cold afternoon in February. I was bundled up on my couch and I saw Turner Classics had on one of my favorite movies, The Thin Man. I had had a discussion with my literary agent earlier that day about steering away from writing paranormals and veering into cozy mystery territory. As I was watching The Thin Man, my twenty pound tuxedo cat, Rocco, jumped up on my lap. All of which got me to thinking: What if Nick Charles died and came back as a cat? And thus the Nick and Nora mysteries were born. Nora Charles is an ex-investigative reporter who returns to her hometown of Cruz, California to run her dead mother’s sandwich shop. She can’t stay away from mysteries, though, and takes a part time job on an online crime magazine. She’s just starting to dig into her first story: the mysterious drowning of a local socialite – when she makes the acquaintance of her furry partner, Nick the cat.

I think every author dreams of having their books made into movies, and I confess I pictured very specific individuals when I was writing the series: Nora is definitely, without question, Emma...[read on]
Visit T.C. LoTempio's website.

My Book, The Movie: Crime and Catnip.

--Marshal Zeringue