Monday, December 12, 2016

Susan McBride's "Walk Into Silence," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Walk Into Silence by Susan McBride.

The entry begins:
When I first wrote Walk Into Silence ten years ago, I envisioned Jennifer Beals as my female detective, Jo Larsen. She had the perfect look: the brown eyes, curly dark hair, and lean physique. She also had an air about her, of being set apart, not quite blending in, and that’s exactly who Jo Larsen is. Then I had to put the manuscript on hold for lack of time (I was simultaneously writing a mystery series for HarperCollins and a young adult series for Random House then I got breast cancer, got married, and got pregnant—yeah, kinda busy). Last year, I dug up Walk and revised in earnest. When Thomas & Mercer bought it, I started thinking about casting the character and who could fill Jo’s shoes. I still wouldn’t mind if Jennifer Beals took a shot, though Jo Larsen is described as mid-thirties in the book. I couldn’t think of any thirty-something actresses on the screen or on TV who had embodied Jo Larsen until I spotted the tabloid reports on...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Susan McBride's website.

The Page 69 Test: Little Black Dress.

Writers Read: Susan McBride (October 2014).

The Page 69 Test: Very Bad Things.

My Book, The Movie: Very Bad Things.

My Book, The Movie: Walk Into Silence.

--Marshal Zeringue