Sunday, June 14, 2015

Nina Berry's "The Notorious Pagan Jones," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Notorious Pagan Jones by Nina Berry.

The entry begins:
This is the perfect exercise for my book because my protagonist is a teenage Hollywood movie starlet in 1961. She’s based on several real life actresses who started acting when they were kids, including Drew Barrymore, Hayley Mills, and Sandra Dee. But if I had to pick just one to play her in the movie, I’d cast a young Sue Lyon as Pagan Jones. Lyon played the title role in Stanley Kubrick’s controversial 1962 movie Lolita, holding her own with experienced actors like James Mason and Peter Sellers. She has the freshness, the verve, the looks, and the sass to play a troubled but clever girl like Pagan.

For the mysterious, dangerously insightful character of Devin Black, I’d cast a very young, ridiculously good-looking...[read on]
Visit Nina Berry's website.

Writers Read: Nina Berry.

My Book, The Movie: The Notorious Pagan Jones.

--Marshal Zeringue