Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Robert Goolrick's 6 favorite books about childhood

In addition to the novel A Reliable Wife, Robert Goolrick is the author of the acclaimed memoir The End of the World as We Know It. He lives in a small Virginia town.

His new novel is Heading Out to Wonderful.

One of Goolrick's six favorite books about childhood, as told to The Week magazine:
Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

One of the most exciting and brilliant books about childhood ever written. I have no children, I'm 63 years old, and every time I read this book, I get the feeling that the endless perils of my endless childhood will inevitably lead to a place in the road where I will be victorious.
Read about another book on the list.

Visit Robert Goolrick's website.

The Page 69 Test: Heading Out to Wonderful.

--Marshal Zeringue