Monday, October 03, 2011

Brenda Novak's "Inside," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Inside by Brenda Novak.

The entry begins:
If Hollywood were to make one of my books into a movie, Inside would be the story I’d love to see portrayed on the big screen--and yet Virgil’s character would be, by far, the most difficult to cast. So much of the story hinges on finding someone who can be believably seasoned and “hard” (seeing as Virgil’s an ex-convict) yet noble, vulnerable and wounded beyond his control at the same time.

At first, Vin Diesel (The Fast and the Furious) came to mind, but he’s almost as old as I am. Next I thought of Jason Statham (The Transporter). He’s every bit as tough as Vin but better looking. Hmm…getting warmer. Or so I thought until I pulled Jason up on Wikipedia. Like Vin, he’s 44. Too old to play Virgil, who went to prison at 18 for killing his stepfather and gets exonerated fourteen years later. Virgil has to be a muscular, hard-edged actor with a strong, silent-type of demeanor, someone in the neighborhood of 32. If I go much older he’ll look like an idiot for being indoctrinated in a prison gang in the first place. So maybe Chris...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Brenda Novak's website.

My Book, The Movie: Inside.

--Marshal Zeringue