Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trilby Kent's "Stones for my Father," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Stones for my Father by Trilby Kent.

Her entry begins:
I think it would have to be an unknown actor to play Corlie Roux. A native Afrikaner, preferably (because the accent is so tricky to get right), with a realistic ‘look’ and a spark of raw talent. Ditto Corlie’s younger brother, Gert – perhaps someone like little Guy Witcher in The Power of One? – and her best friend, Sipho.

You’d need a really formidable actress to play Corlie’s mother. She’s a deeply flawed, cruel woman, but it would be pointless simply to depict her as...[read on]
Read more about Stones for My Father at the publisher's website, and visit Trilby Kent's Red Room Writer Profile.

The Page 69 Test: Stones for My Father.

Writers Read: Trilby Kent.

My Book, The Movie: Stones for my Father.

--Marshal Zeringue