Friday, June 05, 2020

Wesley King's "Sara and the Search for Normal," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Sara and the Search for Normal by Wesley King.

The entry begins:
I always enjoy this game. And, in fact, the companion book OCDaniel is currently being developed for a film by the amazing team at Ley Line Entertainment. That one is still in screenplay production, but I am sure all authors at least think about adaptations at every stage. For myself, I prioritize directors and subsequently the style. Sara and the Search for Normal is very voice-y and sarcastic and dry...it relies so much on her singular voice and her changing view of the world. Getting Sara right would be a critical. I don't know a ton of young actresses (Sara is twelve), but definitely someone who can master that droll delivery, but is evocative enough to portray our inner demons in an external way. No small order. Well, enough pretext. Here is my list:

Director: Taika Watiti (he can balance humor an heart so well)

Sara:...[read on]
Visit Wesley King's website.

Q&A with Wesley King.

My Book, The Movie: Sara and the Search for Normal.

--Marshal Zeringue