Monday, June 15, 2020

Lindsay Wong's "My Summer of Love and Misfortune," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: My Summer of Love and Misfortune by Lindsay Wong.

The entry begins:
If they made my book into a film, I would love Ali Wong to write and direct it. Ali Wong is hilarious and I believe she would capture the absurd comedy and emotional resonance of My Summer Of Love And Misfortune perfectly. I loved Always Be My Maybe, and I wish I had an ounce of her brilliance.

Lana Condor (To All The Boys I Have Loved Before) would make an excellent Iris Wang. Despite being flawed, selfish, and lost, Iris is generally well-meaning and I think the actress would capture all these multifaceted sides of Iris. For the rest of the movie roles, I wonder about bringing in the cast from...[read on]
Visit Lindsay Wong's website.

Q&A with Lindsay Wong.

The Page 69 Test: My Summer of Love and Misfortune.

My Book, The Movie: My Summer of Love and Misfortune.

--Marshal Zeringue