Friday, May 12, 2017

Jenni L. Walsh's "Becoming Bonnie," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Becoming Bonnie: A Novel by Jenni L. Walsh.

The entry begins:
This is especially fun to dream about because the film/tv rights for Becoming Bonnie, which tells the untold story of how Bonnelyn Parker becomes half of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde duo, were optioned by a production company. Of course, authors don’t typically have much say in the development or casting of the show (unless you are someone like JK Rowling), but I’ve done my fair share of imagining on my end. And I’ve narrowed down whom I’d be eager to see as my version of Bonnie Parker to three wonderful actors, based on two main attributes.

First, it'd have to be someone with a similar 5-foot-nothing stature, and, second, I’d want a gal with a great singing voice, because my novel includes original lyrics that my Bonnie and Clyde pen together.

That leaves me dreamcasting Anna...[read on]
Visit Jenni L. Walsh's website.

Writers Read: Jenni L. Walsh.

The Page 69 Test: Becoming Bonnie.

My Book, The Movie: Becoming Bonnie.

--Marshal Zeringue