Monday, February 27, 2017

Renée Rosen's "Windy City Blues," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Windy City Blues by Renée Rosen.

The entry begins:
This is tough because of Cadillac Records, the 2008 biopic about Chess Records starring Adrien Brody as Leonard Chess, Beyoncé as Etta James, Jeffrey Wright as Muddy Waters, Columbus Short as Little Walter, Eamonn Walker as Howlin’ Wolf, and Mos Def as Chuck Berry. They were a great ensemble for that film. Their performances, both musical and acting would be hard to top. The only problem as I see it, is that the story wasn’t all there.

Windy City Blues goes deeper into the Chess story and adds in some fictional characters in order to tell the Civil Rights story, which was a huge part of the equation. So to that end, I’ll serve up a few additional actors of my own.

A young Barbra Streisand would be a perfect Leeba Groski.

Lenny Kravitz would be an interesting pick for...[read on]
Visit Renée Rosen's website, blog, and Facebook page.

The Page 99 Test: Every Crooked Pot.

My Book, The Movie: Dollface.

The Page 69 Test: Dollface.

The Page 69 Test: What the Lady Wants.

My Book, The Movie: What the Lady Wants.

Writers Read: Renée Rosen.

My Book, The Movie: Windy City Blues.

--Marshal Zeringue