Friday, February 10, 2017

Leigh Gilmore's "Tainted Witness," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Tainted Witness: Why We Doubt What Women Say About Their Lives by Leigh Gilmore.

The entry begins:
Most of the cases I write about involve actual women, a couple of whom, including Anita Hill and Cheryl Strayed, have been played by talented actors in film versions of their lives. But if I may tweak the premise of “my book, my movie” a bit to fit a scholarly work, I write about two figures that are rife with dramatic potential: the tainted witness and the adequate witness. These are not actual people, but they represent roles people can play -- either by force, when one becomes a tainted witness, or by choice, when one acts as an adequate witness. In my fantasy film of Tainted Witness, I would want to see Viola Davis play...[read on]
Learn more about Tainted Witness at the Columbia University Press website.

My Book, The Movie: Tainted Witness.

--Marshal Zeringue