Sunday, May 15, 2016

Jeff Wheeler's "The Queen's Poisoner," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Queen's Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler.

The entry begins:
The story behind The Queen’s Poisoner has been stewing in my brain for years. The challenge for me was writing from the point of view of an eight year-old boy and making it accessible to adults as well. I believed that an eight year-old could pull off the role after re-watching M. Night Shyamalan’s The Sixth Sense. Unfortunately, the actor Haley Joel Osment isn’t the right age anymore, but it would need to be a kid like him, one with the right mix of vulnerability and thoughtfulness that really made that performance so memorable. I’ll also never forget what he did in the movie AI: Artificial Intelligence as well. The main character in my book, Owen Kiskaddon, was...[read on]
Visit Jeff Wheeler's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Queen's Poisoner.

Writers Read: Jeff Wheeler.

My Book, The Movie: The Queen's Poisoner.

--Marshal Zeringue