Friday, October 09, 2015

Simon Toyne's "The Searcher," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Searcher by Simon Toyne.

The entry begins:
The Searcher has just been optioned by Leonardo DiCaprio’s production company, so who knows, maybe the boss will play my hero, Solomon Creed. I always tend to cast my books as I’m writing them and have a character document with visual steers and notes about what they look like and how they act. It’s a useful way of keeping track of who’s who in the long process of first draft and then revisions. It also means I can jot down notes that occur to me and refer back when I’m writing different characters. Sometimes I’ll have an idea about one character, for instance, while I’m writing another so it’s a useful and easy way to capture these thoughts before they vanish into the ether.

Solomon Creed is very thin and elegant and pale, almost albino-like with white skin and hair and pale grey eyes. One character describes him as looking like a beautiful marble statue that has come to life. When I was writing the character I started off seeing him as Peter...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Simon Toyne's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Sanctus.

The Page 69 Test: Sanctus.

The Page 69 Test: The Tower.

My Book, The Movie: The Tower.

My Book, The Movie: The Searcher.

--Marshal Zeringue