Monday, October 05, 2015

Julia Buckley's "The Big Chili," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Big Chili by Julia Buckley.

The entry begins:
I think authors often dream of their characters coming to life, and I certainly have wondered what a casting director might do with these people of my imagination.

If I had my druthers, here’s who I might choose.

My main character, Lilah Drake, is smart but sweet—honest and loyal. She also feels unlucky in love, despite the interest of two very handsome men. So here’s an attempt to capture the personalities of that love triangle.

For Lilah, I’m thinking Greta Gerwig. She’s twenty-ish and very pretty without looking overly made up. She has a natural look, and she projects friendliness, which I think Lilah does, as well.

Lilah falls pretty quickly for a handsome dark-haired police detective. In fact, she is often almost confused by how good-looking he is. For the character of the enigmatic Jay Parker, I think the closest match is Henry...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Julia Buckley's website and her blog, Mysterious Musings.

My Book, The Movie: The Big Chili.

--Marshal Zeringue