Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Laura Anne Gilman's "Silver on the Road," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Silver on the Road by Laura Anne Gilman.

The entry begins:
Disclosure: Silver on the Road is the only book I’ve ever written where I had a pretty good idea of who I’d like to cast in the roles as I was writing it. Interestingly enough, my casting had very little to do with matching looks, but some aspect of the actor that caught the core of the character.

The boss (aka the Devil) was first and foremost and always Rupert Graves (aka Inspector Lestrade on BBC’s Sherlock). It’s his raspy voice, and his eyes, and the slightly exhausted look of jaded competence he can project - you trust him, but you’re always wondering why, exactly. Then again, the boss tends to shift his appearance randomly, so we could get a whole bunch of actors to play him, and overlay those eyes…. (Yay digital FX!)

For Izzy, 16 years old and torn between wanting to be an adult and being terrified that she’ll fail these new and terrible duties she’s taken on, I knew I wanted someone young, and someone Latina (Izzy is of Spanish descent by way of Mexica, something my fabulous cover artist caught perfectly). Caitlin...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Laura Anne Gilman's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Flesh and Fire.

My Book, The Movie: Silver on the Road.

--Marshal Zeringue