Thursday, April 09, 2015

What is Robert K. Lewis reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Robert K. Lewis, author of Innocent Damage.

His entry begins:
There are actually quite a few books on my nightstand at the moment…

I’m currently working on an article for a brand new crime fiction fan site, The Life Sentence. The subject of the article is Don Pendleton’s The Executioner series. I’d read quite a few of these books in the very distant past, so I thought it would behoove me to go back and re-read the first five or so, along with a few of the more recent ones, to help reacquaint myself with the series protagonist, Mack Bolan. I was happy to find that the books are still a complete fun ride, and the titles still ring fabulous for me: War Against the Mafia, Battle Mask, Miami Massacre, Slayride, etc.

Next on my nightstand is one of the greatest books ever written for writers...[read on]
About Innocent Damage, from the publisher:
When ex-cop and recovering junkie Mark Mallen is asked to track down two very different girls who have gone missing, he doesn't think twice about putting himself in harm's way to find them. Bloodied and bruised, Mallen shakes down the pimps and hustlers who could crack the cases wide open, leaving no stone unturned in San Francisco's criminal underground.

But something isn't right. Somebody's trying to scare Mallen off, and it's no ordinary street thug. With heat coming at him from all angles, Mallen's search for the truth leads him to men who will stop at nothing to make sure their twisted desires never see the light of day.
Visit Robert K. Lewis's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Innocent Damage.

Writers Read: Robert K. Lewis.

--Marshal Zeringue