Monday, April 13, 2015

Kirker Butler's "Pretty Ugly," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Pretty Ugly by Kirker Butler.

The entry begins:
Knowing the current state of Hollywood, I’m assuming that if they make my book into a movie, at least half of the cast will be Australian. That being said, the book is set in Kentucky, so I am going to play this game by casting only actors from Kentucky.

My first choice for Miranda, the former pageant queen and current stage mother to a champion child pageant contestant, would have to be Jennifer Lawrence (Louisville). There is no bigger star from Kentucky than Jennifer Lawrence. She’d be perfect… except that she’s a bit too young. I would then say that maybe she could play Courtney, the teenaged “other woman,” but she’s a few years too old. So, I guess I would have to say Jennifer Lawrence. I mean, of course it has to be Jennifer Lawrence. What am I, an idiot?

Ray, Miranda’s husband, could be played by either George Clooney (Lexington) or Johnny...[read on]
Visit Kirker Butler's website.

The Page 69 Test: Pretty Ugly.

Writers Read: Kirker Butler.

My Book, The Movie: Pretty Ugly.

--Marshal Zeringue