Sunday, September 09, 2012

Steve Hockensmith’s "Cadaver in Chief," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Cadaver in Chief by Steve Hockensmith.

The entry begins:
Memo
To: Bobcat Goldthwait
From: Steve Hockensmith
Re: Call me

You don’t know it, but we have a checkered past, you and I. For a time in the mid-’80s, I was under the impression that you were Tony Rosato. (“Wow,” I remember thinking as I watched Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment with my high school buddies, “that guy wasn’t nearly this animated on Saturday Night Live.”) This misapprehension came to an end in 1988 as a result, alas, of an assignment for my college newspaper: I was sent to review Hot to Trot. (Obviously, I was low man on the film critic totem pole. They sent me to see all the Ernest movies, too, which is why I can definitively state that Ernest Saves Christmas is bad but Ernest Goes to Jail is waterboarding for the soul.)

During the ’90s, we were ships passing in the night. I caught Nirvana’s final concert appearance in Chicago but showed up too late to be antagonized by your opening act. I let Shakes...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Steve Hockensmith’s blog and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: Cadaver in Chief.

--Marshal Zeringue