Monday, September 10, 2012

Mischa Hiller's "Shake Off," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Shake Off by Mischa Hiller.

The entry begins:
When I was writing the book I had an actor from The Battle of Algiers in my head as the protagonist Michel but since that was made in 1966 he seems an unlikely candidate. However, I did come across a Lebanese-American actor called Haaz Sleiman, who was in a UK TV series about Israel-Palestine called The Promise and who I've also seen in the US series Nurse Jackie. My wife is insistent that she meet him should he be cast.

For Helen, Michel's love interest, I had Helena Bonham Carter in mind when writing, in terms of the characters she plays, but she is too old to play Helen, and doesn't look like her. However, after reading Shake Off someone pointed out that Rebecca...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Mischa Hiller's website.

The Page 69 Test: Shake Off.

My Book, The Movie: Shake Off.

--Marshal Zeringue