Friday, July 15, 2011

Lynn Kiele Bonasia's "Countess Nobody," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Countess Nobody by Lynn Kiele Bonasia.

The entry begins:
I have no trouble imagining who might star in my two adult Cape novel fantasy film adaptations, but casting for my latest book, Countess Nobody, which happens to be a novel for young adults, left me in quandary. The last time I picked up a People Magazine, Scarlett Johansson was the “it” girl. Ok, maybe I’m not that bad but I did cheat a little for this exercise and tapped some of the kids in my publisher’s office, Egmont USA. Thanks to Sam, in particular, for these amazing recommendations.

Countess Nobody is about a young girl whose tiara dreams are dashed when she learns that, just because she’s a girl, she won’t inherit the family title. For my nobility-challenged heroine, Sophie, I choose Dakota Fanning. Aside from knowing that she has the acting chops, she’s also the right mix of smart and plucky to play a teenager who doesn’t roll over when faced with disappointment.

For Sam, Sophie’s charmingly clueless twin brother who has no idea how really good looking he is, my beefcake consultant at Egmont suggested Alex...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Lynn Kiele Bonasia's website and blog.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Lynn Kiele Bonasia & Kiele.

The Page 69 Test: Summer Shift.

Writers Read: Lynn Kiele Bonasia.

My Book, The Movie: Countess Nobody.

--Marshal Zeringue