Friday, February 11, 2011

Trent Jamieson's "Death Most Definite," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Death Most Definite by Trent Jamieson.

The entry begins:
It's so hard to cast Death Most Definite. I've been asked this question before, and even as a fantasy I have an awful lot of trouble imagining it.

But, when I try, I can't help but be parochial. The Australian accent is so hard to get right, it either gets played too broadly, or ends up sounding like a South African accent. I know, most people wouldn't notice, but it would bother me! And, anyway, there are so many great Australian actors and actresses.

For the principles - Steven de Selby and Lissa Jones, there are a good dozen or so people that could play them. And, maybe, I find it too hard to settle on just one.However, away from the leads it gets much easier. For Tim, Steven's cousin, I've always imagined...[read on]
Death Most Definite, Book One of the Death Works Series, was published by Orbit Books in September 2010. Book Two, Managing Death, was released in January 2011, and Book Three, The Business of Death, is due for publication in September 2011.

Learn more about the book and author at Trent Jamieson's website.

The Page 69 Test: Managing Death.

Writers Read: Trent Jamieson.

My Book, The Movie: Death Most Definite.

--Marshal Zeringue