Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Sofie Kelly's "Curiosity Thrilled the Cat," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Curiosity Thrilled the Cat by Sofie Kelly.

The entry begins:
When I start a book, I do have an idea of what the characters look like, but not specific faces. I tend to think in terms of hair like the woman at the bagel place, or a tattoo like my dentist’s, as I imagine the characters.

But it is fun to “cast” a book with help from a couple of my friends, particularly J, who has probably seen every movie ever made. We’ve decided Curiosity Thrilled the Cat should be a TV movie, which leads to a TV series, because one of us grew up wanting to be a TV director. (Okay, that would be me.) So, with a little help from my friends, here’s the cast of Curiosity Thrilled the Cat.

Maura Tierney as Kathleen. Choosing Kathleen was the hardest pick. Tierney doesn’t physically match my vision of the character, but I think she could play Kathleen’s humor, as well as showcase her kindness and her intelligence.

Alex O’Loughlin as Marcus. It was suggested by someone who will remain un-named, that O’Loughlin is a tad…stiff as an actor. Since Marcus is a tad stiff as a character, I think it’s a good match. It has nothing whatsoever to do with how O’Loughlin looks without his shirt. We also like...[read on]
Read an excerpt from Curiosity Thrilled the Cat, and learn more about the book and author at Sofie Kelly's website.

My Book, The Movie: Curiosity Thrilled the Cat.

--Marshal Zeringue