Monday, February 14, 2011

Matt Haig's "The Radleys," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Radleys by Matt Haig.

The entry begins:
This is interesting because I have actually written a screenplay of The Radleys, which is now in the hands of Alfonso CuarĂ³n (Children of Men) who has acquired the rights. So, inevitably, I have thought and talked a little about how it could look on the big screen.

When I was writing it I kept on having images as to who should play the devilish, bloodthirsty uncle Will. I had the picture of a young Oliver Reed or even the Jack Nicholson of the early seventies (both impossible, of course). As to today's actors, I don't know... Robert...[read on]
Read an excerpt, watch a video trailer, and learn more about the novel at the official The Radleys website.

Visit Matt Haig at his official website.

Haig is also the author of The Labrador Pact, a UK bestseller narrated by a Labrador; The Dead Fathers Club, a widely acclaimed update of Hamlet featuring an eleven-year-old boy; and The Possession of Mr. Cave, a horror story about an overprotective father.

The Page 69 Test: The Dead Fathers Club.

My Book, The Movie: The Dead Fathers Club.

The Page 69 Test: The Labrador Pact.

The Page 69 Test: The Radleys.

Writers Read: Matt Haig.

My Book, The Movie: The Radleys.

--Marshal Zeringue