Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What is Seth Harwood reading?

The current featured contributor to Writers Read: Seth Harwood, creator of the the Jack Palms Crime Podcast Series. His novel Jack Wakes Up will be available in print in March 2008.

Harwood's stories have been published in Post Road, Ecotone, Inkwell, Sojourn: A Journal of the Arts, and The Red Rock Review, among others, as well as in the online journals Storyglossia and zeek.net. His story “White” was nominated for a Pushcart prize.

He teaches writing and literature at the City College of San Francisco and Chabot College.

One paragraph from his entry:
For the classes I’m teaching now, I’m reading Capote’s In Cold Blood, a truly great, pioneering book in American creative nonfiction, and Steven Johnson’s Everything Bad Is Good for You, which makes me want to watch TV and feel good about it. On that note, I just finished watching the second season of Showtime’s Dexter, which I think is the best thing around by a mile, even up on The Sopranos level. I had to read the Lindsay books after I started watching the series, I just finished his second one, actually, and I find the series to be even better. I love the way it builds the different characters into complete people that you have to care about — all of them! [read on]
Visit Seth Harwood's website, his blog, and his MySpace page.

Writers Read: Seth Harwood.

--Marshal Zeringue