Sunday, December 16, 2007

What is Bob McGrath reading?

Bob McGrath, author and Sesame Street regular, talked to the Christian Science Monitor about his television viewing and what he's been listening to.

And what he's been reading:

For many years, I seemed not to have the time to read – my life was nonstop, morning to night. That's started to change. I need catching up on a lot of history. I read The Winter Soldiers: The Battles for Trenton and Princeton, by Richard Ketchum, and Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, which I liked because you could jump around – 20 or 30 pages on each subject. I also read The New American Militarism, by Andrew Bacevich. He writes about why we're in the mess we're in and how to restore a sense of proportion and realism to US policy.
Check out McGrath's account of what he's been watching on television and listening to.

--Marshal Zeringue