Friday, June 22, 2007

What is Dana Stabenow reading?

Edgar Award–winning Dana Stabenow is the current featured author at Writers Read.

Her account opens:
I was at the winter meeting of the ALA in Seattle in January, where I had breakfast with Nancy Pearl and Talia Ross, my publisher’s (Holtzbrinck) library marketing manager. I was telling the two of them about a science fiction lit workshop I would be teaching at the Kenai Public Library in March, and how I was using classics (H. Beam Piper’s Little Fuzzy, the Heinlein juveniles, Joe Haldeman’s The Forever War, Sheri Tepper’s The Gate to Women’s Country) in my syllabus and very few new books because I hadn’t read a lot of new sf or fantasy that I liked.

Well. That was a mistake.... [read on]
Dana Stabenow is the author of fifteen novels in her "Kate Shugak" series, three Liam Campbell mysteries, three science-fiction novels, and a stand-alone novel.

Visit Stabenow's official website and her Amazon blog.

The Page 69 Test: A Deeper Sleep.

Writers Read: Dana Stabenow.

--Marshal Zeringue