Monday, June 18, 2007

Most important books: Neil deGrasse Tyson

American Museum of Natural History astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson told Newsweek about his five most important books.

And about two other books in related categories:

A classic that, on rereading, disappointed:

George Orwell's 1984. Why I would believe it would be interesting beyond the date, I don't know. In the 1970s it was scary. By the 1990s it was quaint. You almost can't blame it.

A Certified Important Book you haven't read:

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. For not having read it, I feel I may be a little undereducated. I could be missing some insight into the human condition, because after all, what is life but the interplay between war and peace?

Read more about Neil deGrasse Tyson's most important books.

--Marshal Zeringue