Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Q&A with Alexander Delacroix

From my Q&A with Alexander Delacroix, author of Heart of the Impaler:

About the book, from the publisher:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

This novel went through several titles before my editor, Emily, suggested Heart of the Impaler. The moment I saw it, I knew this was the perfect title. The word “heart” suggests romance, and that’s an important element of the novel. Put “heart” together with “impaler,” however, and you have something much darker.

What's in a name?

I didn’t get to choose Vlad Dracula’s name because he already came with it. History must have a sense for who a person will become because Dracula is a fitting name for a young man who eventually earned the epithet “impaler.” The Romanian word dracul can mean either “the dragon” or...[read on]
Visit Alexander Delacroix's website.

Q&A with Alexander Delacroix.

--Marshal Zeringue