Saturday, October 10, 2020

Q&A with Peter Colt

From my Q&A with Peter Colt, author of Back Bay Blues:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Back Bay Blues is set in 1985 and is about a Vietnam Veteran and Private Investigator, Andy Roark. He lives in the Back-Bay section of Boston and the blues alludes to his struggles with coming to terms with his survivors’ guilt and missing the war. I am very inspired by music and in my mind, it was called Stray Cats Strut. My editor asked me if I could come up with something else. In the end it was Back Bay Blues.

What's in a name?

My protagonist is named Andy Roark. He is half Boston Irish and half German. I wanted him to have...[read on]
Visit Peter Colt's website.

My Book, The Movie: Back Bay Blues.

The Page 69 Test: Back Bay Blues.

Q&A with Peter Colt.

--Marshal Zeringue