Sunday, August 02, 2020

Q&A with Jennifer Honeybourn

From my Q&A with Jennifer Honeybourn, author of The Do-Over:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

Typically, I have a hard time coming up with titles, but I had The Do-Over before I even started drafting. I think it gives potential readers a pretty good idea of what to expect in the book, which is about a girl who finds a magical solution to re-do a choice she made in her past, only to face consequences she didn’t expect.

What's in a name?

Naming characters is one of my very favorite parts of writing. I like unusual names, names that aren’t widely used or have unique spellings. Emelia is the main character in The Do-Over and her love interest is Alistair. In previous books, I’ve used Marty, Quinn and Shelby. I don’t really go deep with names in terms of what they mean, I...[read on]
Visit Jennifer Honeybourn's website.

My Book, The Movie: Just My Luck.

The Page 69 Test: Just My Luck.

My Book, The Movie: The Do-Over.

The Page 69 Test: The Do-Over.

Q&A with Jennifer Honeybourn.

--Marshal Zeringue