Monday, August 10, 2020

Julie McElwain's "Shadows in Time," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Shadows in Time: A Novel by Julie McElwain.

The entry begins:
Except for the Duke of Aldridge, I can’t say that I had any actor in mind when I began writing the In Time novels. And with the Duke, in the back of my mind, I kept visualizing a younger version of the late Wilfrid Hyde-White, the phenomenal British actor who played Colonel Pickering in the 1964 musical My Fair Lady. While Mr. Hyde-White is no longer with us, I’d love someone with that same spirit, who can embody the Duke’s gentle kindness but at the same time is no pushover. Liam Cunningham comes to mind. I thought his character, Davos, in Game Of Thrones, had many of those qualities.

Another Game Of Thrones’ alumna, Kit Harington, would make a fabulous Alec. Or Aiden Turner, who played Ross Poldark in the TV series, Poldark. Both actors have the smoldering good looks and charisma that would brilliantly bring Alec to life on-screen. In the supporting roles of Finn Muldoon, I can see Chris O’Dowd as the Irish reporter. He might be a little too old to play Finn, but I love his sardonic sense of humor. I think Kit Harrington’s real-life wife, Rose Leslie, would make for a fantastic Rebecca. Her character, Gwen, in Downton Abbey certainly shares the same independent, feisty yet feminine qualities that Rebecca has. Sam Kelly is harder for me to cast, simply because...[read on]
Visit Julie McElwain's website.

The Page 69 Test: Caught in Time.

My Book, The Movie: Betrayal in Time.

The Page 69 Test: Betrayal in Time.

Q&A with Julie McElwain.

The Page 69 Test: Shadows in Time.

My Book, The Movie: Shadows in Time.

--Marshal Zeringue