Friday, August 28, 2020

C.M. McGuire's "Ironspark," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Ironspark by C.M. McGuire.

The entry begins:
I think everyone, at some point or another, winds up dreamcasting their novel. It’s fun to look at actors and go “Hm, could you be/fight a creepy fairy?” My problem is that I keep finding new actors that I think, on some level, resemble the characters! So here are the main four characters and the key antagonist.

Bryn: For Bryn, I would definitely cast Arryn Zech or Hailee Steinfeld. Brigette Lundy-Paine was on that list, but since seeing them in the Bill and Ted trailer, I struggle to imagine them as this angsty Welsh girl.

Jasika: My dreamcast of Jasika changed during revisions. I would love to see Lovie Simone or...[read on]
Follow C.M. McGuire on Twitter.

The Page 69 Test: Ironspark.

My Book, The Movie: Ironspark.

--Marshal Zeringue