Thursday, December 05, 2019

Kimberly Gabriel's "Every Stolen Breath," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Every Stolen Breath by Kimberly Gabriel.

The entry begins:
When I wrote Every Stolen Breath, the scenes played out in my head in a very cinematic fashion and I pictured actors playing each of these roles. However, because I don’t watch a lot of television, almost all of the actors I had cast would be too old to play my teen characters. Many of my answers include the younger teen version of the actors I listed below.

Lia, my main character: For Lia, I pictured a teen version of Jessica Chastain with whitish blonde hair. While writing, I would often think of Chastain’s portrayal of Maya in Zero Dark Thirty as a smart, serious woman with an unstoppable drive, which is very similar to Lia’s character in Every Stolen Breath. Chloë Grace Moretz might be perfect for Lia.

Ryan, the mysterious boy who may or may not have been responsible for her father’s death: I pictured a younger (more vulnerable) version of...[read on]
Visit Kimberly Gabriel's website.

My Book, The Movie: Every Stolen Breath.

--Marshal Zeringue