Monday, March 11, 2019

Devin Murphy's "Tiny Americans," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Tiny Americans: A Novel by Devin Murphy.

The entry begins:
This is fun to think about. Tiny Americans is about one family over thirty years, really focusing on their adult lives, so I will cast the adult versions here.

The father, is an outdoors type who has not taken great care of himself, so would need to be a bit weathered. I love everything Ed Harris and Will Patton, so I’d put in a call to those guys.

The German, artist mother, Catrin, is loving and volatile, and hits some real emotional depths in the book, so let’s dream big for her: Meryl Streep, or Susan Sarandon.

Jamie, the philosopher, mother, and truth teller of the family is both beautiful and smart despite shouldering the weight of deep dysfunctions. Can we cast...[read on]
Visit Devin Murphy's website.

My Book, The Movie: Tiny Americans.

--Marshal Zeringue