Monday, August 27, 2018

Julia Buckley's "A Dark and Twisting Path," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: A Dark and Twisting Path by Julia Buckley.

The entry begins:
Casting the residents of Blue Lake, Indiana was harder than I expected. When you picture people a certain way in your head and then try to match them to already-existing people, you find a certain dissonance.

However, these can certainly get readers thinking about who they themselves would cast as the main characters of my Writer's Apprentice series: Lena London, her employer, Camilla Graham, their neighbor, Sam West, the police chief, Doug Heller, Lena's best friend, Allison Branch, and her research librarian friend, Belinda Frailey.

Here are the people I came up with for my casting call.

For Lena: I needed a young woman under thirty who has dark hair and brown eyes, and Zoey Deutch fits the bill, not only in loveliness but in spunk and personality.

For Camilla: Several women were possible, but of course I had to go with...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Julia Buckley's website and her blog, Mysterious Musings.

My Book, The Movie: The Big Chili.

The Page 69 Test: The Big Chili.

My Book, The Movie: A Dark and Twisting Path.

--Marshal Zeringue