Thursday, May 17, 2018

Nick Oldham's "Bad Cops," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Bad Cops by Nick Oldham.

The entry begins:
With my first Henry Christie novel having been published some twenty-one years ago, the actors who I'd imagined in that role are probably a little bit long in the tooth now, so my ideas on that score have changed somewhat. That said, as a little anecdote, I did sell the TV rights (for about eight years) to a well-known production company in the 2000s for my novel Nightmare City. Needless to say, it was never made – however, I was privy to some of the names being suggested for the Christie role back then during production meetings, one of which was an emerging actor who went on to great fame and fortune playing James Bond (you'll just have to guess who that was!). However, the TV rights lapsed and it never happened, so I'm still in dreamland – and my current favourite for the Henry Christie role is Ioan Grufford, who's just about...[read on]
Follow Nick Oldham on Facebook and Twitter.

Writers Read: Nick Oldham.

The Page 69 Test: Bad Cops.

My Book, The Movie: Bad Cops.

--Marshal Zeringue