Monday, May 28, 2018

Lexie Elliott's "The French Girl," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The French Girl by Lexie Elliott.

The entry begins:
As The French Girl was actually optioned by a production company which has the intention of adapting it into a TV series, you might think I’ve spent many happy hours day-dreaming about who might play the pivotal roles. That’s not the case at all. For one thing, the optioning of a book is no guarantee that there will ever be a finished product on screen. For another, I don’t have a lot of time in which to day-dream! But the last, and most important reason, is that I know who my characters are: they’re exactly the people living in my head. It’s astonishingly difficult for me to imagine real actors playing them. But for you, dear readers, I will try…

For a tale about discovering what caused the demise of Severine (the French girl of the title) a decade previously, it’s unexpectedly important to cast the corpse correctly — because Severine refuses to be reduced to a heap of bones. Given the restrictions that Severine is operating under (namely, being dead) the role requires a professional who can emote wordlessly. A dear friend suggested Marine Vacth would be a good candidate and I…[read on]
Visit Lexie Elliott's website.

The Page 69 Test: The French Girl.

My Book, The Movie: The French Girl.

--Marshal Zeringue