Friday, April 28, 2017

What is Suzanne Nelson reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Suzanne Nelson, author of Donut Go Breaking My Heart.

Her entry begins:
I wish I could show you a photo of my nightstand here, because it's stacked to overflowing with dozens of books in my to-read and currently-reading piles. My reading tastes are eclectic and numerous.

I've loved reading To Capture What We Cannot Keep, by Beatrice Colin. The book's title and beautiful cover were what first drew me to it, but the historical premise and setting (late 1880s Paris, France, during the time in which the Eiffel Tower was under construction) appealed to me, too. I relish historical fiction, and this book, especially, with its glimpses into the lives of the now-famous artists, architects, and engineers of the period, was a pleasure to read. Caitriona Wallace is a strong, intelligent heroine struggling against the confines of her social position and role as a widowed woman in her thirties, and I rooted for her with every page I read. I also loved the...[read on]
About Donut Go Breaking My Heart, from the publisher:
Sheyda is a behind-the-scenes girl. She loves helping out in the kitchen of Doughlicious, the donut shop run by the parents of her best friend, Kiri. And Sheyda loves designing stage sets while Kiri performs in the spotlight. Then lights, camera...surprise! Tween heartthrob Cabe Sadler is filming his next big movie in Doughlicious. Kiri is sure this will lead to stardom and perhaps a date with Cabe. But somehow it's Sheyda who gets picked for a small role in the film. To make matters worse, Cabe seems spoiled and rude. Too bad he's so cute. Can Sheyda overcome her stage fright, get to know the real Cabe, and find her own kind of stardom?
Visit Suzanne Nelson's website.

The Page 69 Test: Donut Go Breaking My Heart.

Writers Read: Suzanne Nelson.

--Marshal Zeringue