Sunday, April 05, 2015

Michael Signer's "Becoming Madison," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Becoming Madison: The Extraordinary Origins of the Least Likely Founding Father by Michael Signer.

The entry begins:
If Becoming Madison were made into a movie, the movie would require a lead actor who could be at once exquisitely vulnerable yet full of inner fire, and I think that Eddie Redmayne (who recently won an Oscar for his portrayal of Stephen Hawking in The Theory of Everything) could capture that blend well.

One of the reasons I wrote the book is because I think we need a new model for our political heroes. We don’t need transcendent, larger-than-life figures. We need to reconsider the introverts, the intellectuals, the unattractive—anyone who has the force and focus and intelligence and alliances to help us solve our toughest problems should be given a fighting chance.

Madison weighed a hundred pounds, stood about five foot four, and was deeply shy. My book began with a hypothesis: that we have...[read on]
Visit Michael Signer's website.

My Book, The Movie: Becoming Madison.

--Marshal Zeringue