Thursday, October 09, 2014

Tina Connolly's "Silverblind," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Silverblind by Tina Connolly.

The entry begins:
I said when I did this for Copperhead that it was challenging, but I dunno, I'm starting to get into it!

For Dorie, the shapeshifting Indiana Jones-type who spends much of the book transformed into a boy – My mind jumped immediately to Imogen Stubbs in the delightful 1996 production of Twelfth Night. I loved her as Viola. Now Dorie is not just cross-dressing, she is actually shapeshifting. So I could cast two actors. But I would hate to take half the role away from my female lead, and I think it would be more compelling to see the same actor play both parts. I'm going to go with Mia Wasikowska. She has the fey look of Dorie, and I think she could pull off the boy half—and of course, I think she's quite talented.

Tam, the young adventurer with a dark past. I first thought that Chris...[read on]
Visit Tina Connolly's website, blog, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Copperhead.

The Page 69 Test: Copperhead.

Writers Read: Tina Connolly.

The Page 69 Test: Silverblind.

My Book, The Movie: Silverblind.

--Marshal Zeringue